What is the CODESYS Store?
The CODESYS Store is an online marketplace for the marketing of content from 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH. Distributor is the CODESYS Corporation. Various software can be downloaded in the CODESYS Store to be used for engineering, runtime development or server administration. More about the CODESYS system can be found on the CODESYS webpage.
Which CODESYS version is supported?
All products are only available for version 3. The exact system requirements for each product can be found on the respective product page under the "System requirements" tab.
How does a purchase work?
The CODESYS Store is an online market place which offers payable and free CODESYS add-ons.
After the registration you can download and use the offered software. The charged products are only available in a time limited demo version at this time. With the purchase you will immediately receive a license key by e-mail to the deposited e-mail address. When the license key is activated in the product, the demo vision of the product is converted into an unlimited full version.
Why can people in a company account not order?
There are two options:
- The company account is not released by CODESYS.
- The company administrator of your organization needs to set the "Purchaser" role privileges to your account.
For companies with multiple people ordering from the CODESYS Store, the system automatically creates a company structure that provides for an administrator with special rights. The owner of this function is the only one who can order straight away. All other persons created in the structure can only order after approval by the administrator.
To find out which person from your company has administrator rights, click on the "Company Structure" menu in "My Account". The person at the top of the tree structure is currently the administrator of your company account. If you would like us to transfer the administrator function of your company to another person, do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to assist you.
What are my subscription options?
You can order, maintain and cancel your subscription in the CODESYS Store.
Subscriptions can be ordered in two ways.
- Many subscriptions in one cart
This means all subscriptions start and end at the same date and time. All subscriptions are bundles to one payment process, which means also the cancellation can only done for all subscriptions of a single cart.
- One subscription per cart
With this option you can start, maintain and cancel each subscription independently.
- The payment method can be updated in the customer account section "My subscription profiles". Please click there the "Edit" button.
- To add a new credit card upfront please click the "Store Payment Methods" and click "Add new card". The card data are not stored in the CODESYS Store but are transferred to the Stripe account and linked with a secret key to the customer account.
- Each subscription cart can be cancelled in the customer account section "My subscription profiles". Please click there the "Cancel" button.
How does payment in the CODESYS Store work?
Online payments have now become a matter of course. Therefore, new concepts are constantly being developed to make payment safer. Two of them are called Payment Services Directive (PSD2) and Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). Authentication is carried out whenever the customer accesses his payment account online or triggers an electronic payment. This is also the case when shopping in the CODESYS Store and is ensured by an add-on of the payment service provider. Please therefore always have devices ready for authentication before placing an order (e.g. TAN generator, online password or mobile phone), as otherwise delays or even cancellation of a purchase may occur.
Please contact your bank to learn more about the new possibilities of your payment account and the associated payment methods, such as credit card or PayPal.
What can I do if my registration in the CODESYS Store is not possible?
If your registration in the CODESYS Store is not possible, it may be due to your browser and its security settings. The following measures may be helpful:
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of your browser.
- Check whether the security settings of your browser allow the registration and use of the CODESYS Store. In general, Java Script and access to the Google service https://gstatic.com must be possible.
- If you are unsure yourself, please contact your IT department.
Where do I find more technical details?
Please visit the web based CODESYS Online Help: https://help.codesys.com.
What do I do with a license number?
The license number is a 25-digit number which is needed to activate the licenses purchased in the CODESYS Store. The activation can be done directly in CODESYS via the License Manager or via the CODESYS License Central - an online platform under http://license.codesys.com.